Procedures for claiming on GAA Injury Insurance (as at January 2013)If the injury occurs at a match:
1. The injury must be recorded in the referees report.
At Juvenile level, it is the responsibility of the team mentor to check with the referee after the match that the injury has been noted.
If the injury occurs at training,
2. The team mentor must be notified by the injured party.
3. Independently and separately from the above - the club's insurance officer Ian O'Neill must be notified by the injured party (or in the case of a juvenile their parents/guardians)
It is not enough to assume that as the mentor has been informed, the claim can go ahead.
4. Injury claim form to be downloaded below and completed as far as possible. If unsure on any details, contact Ian.
5. The form must be completed within 60 days, and must be accompanied by the referee's report.
6. The first €100 of any claim is not covered.
CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW TO DOWNLOAD A CLAIM FORM